Information we collect and how we use it
We only collect information that is relevant to the purpose of providing you with the best possible experience of our Services. We collect many different types of information through several different ways, including but not limited to:
- Bank Account and Transaction Data – By linking MoneyVoice to your bank account, you provide us with information about your transactions, including dates, times, types and counterparties of transactions.
- How we use Bank Account and Transaction Data – This information is a core part of our service, allowing you to give feedback to the businesses where you have spent money. Each transaction allows you to “vote” and give feedback to the businesses and share those actions and content with other users. We will not share specific transaction details, such as purchase dates or amounts, with the public or other Users, but the User Generated Data you may submit (as described below) may allow others to infer that you have made purchases at a particular business. When you choose to give feedback to a business, we will share with that business your relevant transaction history, including the amount and date of all past transactions with that business, and all User Generated Data and Logged Data relating to that business. We will not share with any business your name, email address, phone number, or other personally identifiable information.
- User Generated Data – This data is generated by you during your use of the Services, and includes any data you submit to MoneyVoice, including but not limited to your votes, feedback, comments, images, “likes”, “follows”, searches, and messages to businesses.
- How we use User Generated Data. Your User Generated Data forms an important part of the MoneyVoice platform, and it is used for the following purposes:
Logged Data – Logged data is collected by our servers about connections, devices and network conditions while a User is connected to the Service.
- Publication – the feedback and votes you give will be published on the Site and the App and available for the public to see. Because you can only leave feedback or vote on a business where you have made a purchase, other people who see this User Generated Data will be able to infer that you have made a purchase at a particular business, even though we will not share your Bank Account and Transaction Data, such as purchase dates and amounts.
- Aggregate Analysis – we will use your User Generated Data in aggregate, to increase performance, to discover bugs, to increase User efficiency and to enhance the overall experience for all Users in the system.
- Personalization – we will use your User Generated Data at the User level, to provide a personalized experience of the Services for each User.
Cookies – Cookies are small files stored on your device with information that comes from us.
- How we collect Log Data. We collect and store certain types of system log data whenever you interact with the Service, including search terms, pages viewed, the IP address (with more information on how we use your IP address below in the “IP Addresses” section), the browser brand and version, what device is being used and the operating system of the device.
- How we use Logged Data. We collect logged data to better understand which devices are using the Service and their performance levels in order to continually optimize our software and Services to provide the most efficient and stable service to Users. We may use 3rd parties to help us analyst certain Logged Data. For example, we may use service providers such as Google Analytics or Mixpanel on the Site and the App to help us analyze User activity.
- How cookies are created. Our servers send information to your browser and then store that information in a text file on your device. Each time our servers connect to that same browser, we then can read and update that cookie with more information.
- How cookies are used. The main purpose of utilizing cookies is to provide a customized experience or a more efficient experience each time you visit the Services. We use two types of cookies: Persistent Cookies and Session Cookies.
- Persistent Cookies - These are cookies that persist after you have logged out of the Services. We use Persistent Cookies to maintain information between logged in sessions.
- Session Cookies - These are cookies that only exist during a logged in session. We use Session Cookies to use information about a specific session to enhance User experience.
- How we collect IP Addresses. Like most web sites, each time you visit the Site or use the App, we automatically collect your IP address and the web page from which you came.
- How we use IP Addresses. In order to administer and optimize the Service for you and to diagnose problems with our Services, we use your IP address to help identify you and to gather broad demographic information about you.
Children. MoneyVoice does not knowingly collect information from children, and the Services are not intended for children under the age of 13.
Other Uses of Collected Information. In addition to collecting information to deliver our Services, improve our Services, develop content, help Users manage their accounts, and communicate with Users, we may also use collected information as described more fully in a separate agreement that we may have with individual Users.
How we contact you. We may contact you in connection with your transactions and other activities in connection with the Services, including, but not limited to, confirmation emails, or to deliver important news that could affect your relationship with the Services.
Sharing of your information
- Personally Identifiable Information – Personally Identifiable Information is information that can be used to specifically identify, contact or locate a single person or can be used in conjunction with other sources to uniquely identify a single individual. The Services contain your Personally Identifiable Information. If you choose to provide MoneyVoice with your information, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers, which may be located in the United States.
- Operations. We may share your Personally Identifiable Information with our agents, representatives, contractors and service providers so they can provide us with support services to operate the Services. We require these entities not to use your information for any other purpose.
- Required by Law. We reserve the right to disclose Personally Identifiable Information from both private and public areas of the Site and the App at our discretion, (i) if required by law, or (ii) to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process.
- Sharing with Third Parties – We may share information with outside third parties to facilitate the Services, to provide you with a better experience, to improve the quality and value of the Services, to analyze and understand how the Services are used and for sales and marketing purposes.
- "Do Not Track Requests" – We do not track or respond to browser "do not track" requests.
Information storage and protection
- Passwords – User's use of the Services may require the creation of an account and password which is controlled by the User. Users may change their password at any time. In order to maintain your password protection, do not give your password to anyone. If you share a computer, you should sign out of your MoneyVoice account and close the browser window before someone else logs on. This will help protect your information entered on public terminals from disclosure to third parties. If you think that your password has been stolen, please contact MoneyVoice immediately.
- Information Security – MoneyVoice utilizes commercially reasonable safeguards, and relies on commercially reasonable standards of practice to ensure that we safeguard information to the best of our ability. However, we cannot guarantee that our efforts will prevent information retrieval methods that we cannot predict. Therefore, we cannot guarantee that your information will not be accessed, altered, destroyed or disclosed to unauthorized parties, and you use our Site, App and Services at your own risk.
- Notification of Compromised Service. – If at any time, your account or other accounts are compromised, we will make any legally required disclosures in a reasonable time to you via the email account that you provided us on your account.